Milan Museums Information: General Museum Information - Milan, Italy IT
Milan contains to an exceptional and extremely popular selection of historic museums, with many of Milan's museums housing ancient Milan relics and finds, from around this area of Italy and beyond.
Many of Milan's most popular museums are sited in the heart of Milan city centre and the museums are often a mixture between museums and art galleries, housing many classical and traditional paintings, sculptures and statues displayed in gallery areas, together with impressive exhibitions of Milan artefacts and regular guided museum tours.
Milan Museums Information: Locations and Venues - Milan, Italy IT
Museums in Milan often have free or inexpensive admission, combined with long opening hours. Featuring a huge array of important historic Milan collections, displays and information about the history of Milan, a visit to museums in Milan may take several hours, as there are often so many exhibits and treasures to explore. Some of Milan's museums are housed in ancient buildings and also feature café areas, well-stocked museums shops, gift shops and landscaped gardens, with scenic views of Milan city centre.
The main museums in Milan include the following locations and venues in and around central Milan:
- Casa del Manzoni (Manzoni House Museum)
- Civico Museo Archeologico (Civic Archaeological Museum)
- Museo del Cinema (Cinema Museum)
- Museo del Duomo (Duomo Cathedral Museum)
- Museo di Storia Contemporanea / Museum of Milan / Museum of Maritime Art
- Museo di Storia Naturale (Natural History Museum)
- Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnia (Science and Technology Museum)
- Museo Poldi-Pezzoli (Poldi-Pezzoli Museum)
- Museo Teatrale alla Scala (Theatre Museum)
- Palazzo Bagatti-Valsecchi (Bagatti-Valsecchi Palace)
Book your Milan Car Rental here - excellent rates available, up to 65% discount.
Milan (MXP) Airport Guide
Milan (LIN) Airport Guide